Monday, May 21, 2007

Given to fly

I've been listening to this song for the last couple of weeks. Almost compulsively. Constantly. There's something about the song thats very compelling. A true act of selflessness. The very definition of purpose.

Reminds me of this song by Live called 'Lightning crashes'. It's when you realise that the song is not so much about life and death, but about rising and falling. Not in the pathetic, glorified, silver screened, testosterone pumped, botox faced Rocky Balboa ( hey! I did like Rocky 4, but this was just too much!) way.

I was trying to make a point about the difference between tolerance and ignorance a few days back. I was telling someone how (ok, yes, drunk. happy? :o) ) they might appear to be the same thing but they are not. Well, yes, at the end of the day the result may be the same, but the fact that you know something might not work out the way you want it and still go for it (or not go for it) takes courage.

Dramatic.
I agree.

But I find my peace that way.

For the ignorant, you wont find the strange spot in the sky. You wont BE the strange spot in the sky.
I have a video of this song that plays in my head. It's in the same league as 'Do the evolution'. Pastels/frame sequence/blurred/stop motion/ film grain video. I hope I get to make it one day.

The other thing I got hooked onto was the story of Icarus. Although he personality traits of Icarus and the person in question in the song would be the opposite, it throws some light on the plot for a new graphic novel in the elseworlds (Icarus emerges from the sea -wiser, resurrected. - rub my hands in glee!! ;o) )

SK

3 comments:

Leelayz said...

Is this song a stimulant for ur flashbacks ?

Good post...and the animation abt Icarus is awesome!

Leelayz said...

why are there no comments on this blog ?
I think u should initiate a PR campaign

Leelayz said...

I been hooked to the song now ...
Planning to pick it up....